Soy Ginger Fried Chinese Couscous
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked wheat couscous, cooled
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 1 (12 oz) bag broccoli slaw
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- Coat a large sauté pan with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Add beaten eggs and stir with a wooden spoon until scrambled. Pour eggs onto a plate and set aside. Wipe out skillet.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of sesame oil into the sauté pan and bring to med-high heat. Add the broccoli slaw, ginger and garlic and stir together. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring, until vegetables are slightly softened. Stir in the couscous and cook for an additional 2 minutes, browning the couscous.
- Combine the brown sugar and soy sauce in a small bowl and whisk quickly to dissolve the sugar. Add the sauce to the couscous and stir to combine. Add the eggs and stir thoroughly. Remove from heat and serve.
Recipe by Chef: Emily