Poolside Tri-Color Fusilli Pasta Salad
Poolside Tri-Color Fusilli Pasta Salad is a summer party staple, but we absolutely adore this fun twist on the traditional. It’s so creamy and crunchy, and the cool, zesty ranch is the perfect touch for a hot summer day by the pool. (And we must say, it does a great job of hiding a healthy portion of veggies too.) It’s hard to believe that something this quick and easy can taste so delicious! It’s our favorite dish to bring along to a party; people rave about it every time. In fact, we’ve never come home with leftovers… it seems that all the other guests just lick the bowl clean!
- 1 package tri-color fusilli
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 (1 oz.) package powdered ranch dressing mix
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets (1 small head), roughly chopped
- 2 cups asparagus, woody ends removed, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, sliced into matchsticks or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- 2 minutes before pasta is fully cooked, add broccoli and asparagus to the pot. Strain pasta and vegetables and set aside.
- Add mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, ranch mix, and garlic powder to a large serving bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add pasta, cooked and raw vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper and cucumber), and cheese and toss to combine.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until you’re ready to serve!
Recipe by Chef: Kristy Norrell