- 1 cup dried couscous (yields approx. 3 cups when cooked)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (more power to you if your grocery store carries pomegranate seeds, otherwise, get yourself a pomegranate and start digging!)
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook couscous according to the package, leaving out the butter.
- While the couscous is cooking, add the pomegranate seeds, orange juice, parsley and mint to a small bowl. Mix together. Slowly whisk in the two tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- When the couscous is finished cooking, add the pomegranate dressing to the pot and mix until it’s fully incorporated into the couscous.
- Garnish with more mint and olive oil, if desired. Serve warm or cold.