Chicken & Avocado Couscous Sushi cones
For the couscous
- 1 packet Couscous
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- For the chicken
- 2x Chicken breasts- butterflied
- 4 tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 2x Avocados – sliced
- A handful of Coriander
- ½ Cucumber – peeled into ribbons
- Pickled ginger
- 1 packet Nori sheets
- Cook the chicken on a non-stick fry pan without oil for 10-12 minutes until chicken is just cooked through.
- Slice the chicken into strips, then place back in the frying pan. Add Teriyaki sauce and continue to cook until the chicken is well coated with the sauce and the sauce thickens.
- Cook the couscous according to the packet instructions. Use sesame oil when cooking the couscous. When it is done sprinkle rice vinegar and soy sauce all over the couscous and fluff up with a fork – set aside to cool.
- To assemble Cut the nori sheets in half with kitchen scissors. Place 1 of the rectangles, shiny-side down, on a hand. Scoop up about 1 tablespoon of the cous cous mixture and position on one short end of the nori, leaving a 1cm border below. Place 1 slice each of the chicken, avocado, coriander, pickled ginger and cucumber next to the couscous (it’s fine if it pops over a little at the top) and roll up into a cone shape.
To seal, just dip your finger into the water and run it along the edge, pressing to join. Repeat to make the rest of the rolls. Serve with some soy sauce for dipping.
Recipe by: New Zealand Avocado