Parmesan Lemon Orzo Recipe
Parmesan lemon orzo is an easy and delicious addition to any meal. Ready in just 20 minutes, this side dish is fresh, creamy, and great with everything!
What’s In Parmesan Lemon Orzo?
Here’s what I add:
- Chicken broth
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Parmesan cheese
Let’s Make It
To make this orzo:
- SAUTE: saute the orzo in butter until browned. Add garlic, and cook for another minute.
- SIMMER: add the chicken broth or water, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
- SERVE: add the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Serve garnished with parsley
Orzo tends to stick when cooled, as the starches bind the orzo together. When reheating, make sure you add a tablespoon of liquid per cup and stir it.
I like to reheat it in the microwave, but the stovetop works well too!
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice fresh, about 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shaved or grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped, garnish
Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add orzo, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic, and cook for an additional minute or until garlic is fragrant.
Add water. Cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until orzo is cooked.
Fluff with a fork. Stir in parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe by Chef: Bailey Mills