- 2 x 250g (2 x 8oz) Beef Fillet Steaks
- 200g (6½oz) Giant Couscous
- 50g (1¾oz) Sultanas
- 3tbsp Olive Oil
- 75g (2½oz) Pine Nuts
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 Medium Courgettes,thinly sliced
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 6 Spring Onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 Long Red Chilli, finely chopped
- 1tsp Ground Cumin
- 2tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1tbsp Fresh Mint, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to drizzle
- Cook the steaks on a very hot griddle pan for about 3-4 minutes each side, or until medium-rare. Let them rest for 5 minutes.Meanwhile, cook the giant couscous according to packet instructions, then stir in the sultanas.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat. When hot add the pine nuts and cook, stirring until golden. Add the garlic, courgettes, green pepper, spring onions, chilli and cumin. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Stir the mixture through the couscous, and then mix through the herbs, tossing well to fluff up the couscous.Season to taste with salty and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside to cool. Just before serving, fluff up the couscous and drizzle it with the extra virgin olive oil. Top with thinly sliced beef. Serve warm or at room temperature.