- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup M’hammes ( israeli couscous )
- Heat a medium skillet over med-high heat and add pine nuts. Swirl in pan until they begin to brown. BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and saute shallot and carrot for 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice and garam masala.
- Add broth to pan and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Reduce heat and cover pan. Simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Put in serving bowl and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.