- 1 brown onion
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of red sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Harissa
- 500g of (canned) peeled plum tomatoes
- 100g of chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1 medium carrot or 1 courgette
- 1 liter and half of water
- Sunflower oil
- 200g of Orzo/Rosini
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 Lemon
- In a large pan add 4 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
- Put the pan on a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions.
- Add the harissa and the red paprika.
- Start to cook for 3 minutes by stirring all the spices together.
- Rinse and add the chickpeas and the carrot (cut into small pieces) into the pan.
- Mix into a blender the peeled plum tomato and pour the tomato puree into the pan.
- Add the salt, the black pepper,
- Pour 1 liter and half of water.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- After all the ingredients are cooked.
- Add the Orzo/Rosini into the pan and cook for 20 minutes or until the pasta are cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve the soup hot into the bowls, sprinkle with a few leaves of coriander and drizzle with a little of lemon juice.