- 250g of Berkoukes (petits plombs in French or pearl pasta or acini di pepe)
- 250g of lamb (cut in small pieces)
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 100g of chickpeas (soaked a night before)
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of red sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of harissa (spicy Tunisian paste) or 1 red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon of caraway powder
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Chop the onion, peel the potato, the carrot and the coriander.
- Cut the potato, the carrot and the zucchini into small pieces.
- Wash and rinse the vegetables.
- In a blender mix the chopped tomatoes.
- In a cooking pot add the sunflower oil , the chopped onion, the half of the chopped coriander and the lamb.
- Add the salt, the black pepper, the red paprika, the harissa and the caraway powder.
- Start to cook slowly on a medium heat.
- With a wooden spoon mix the ingredients together and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chickpeas, the potato, the carrot and the zucchini into the cooking pot.
- Pour 2 liters of water and the tomato coulis into the pan and cook for 30 minutes on a medium heat.
- After 30 minutes, pour the Berkoukes (pearl pasta) and cook for another 30 minutes on low heat.
- From time to time stir with the wooden spoon (pasta should not stick on the pot).
- Remove from the stove and add the rest of the coriander.